Sunday, August 17, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!

It's a beautiful day here in the Midwest. I love Sunday mornings. A day God created for rest, but also a day to honor and glorify him. My kittie Tiger was enjoying the morning smells as well.



Before heading off to church I've had an urge all weekend to bake scones. We must thank the British (I believe) for this lovely treat. Personally I love them with dried cranberries and almonds. I have many recipes, but I decided to try this new one this morning. I do not believe in rolling out and cutting scones with a cutter. I prefer the more rustic look with just dropping scoops of dough and then lightly drizzling it with a glaze. Instead you have a mound of sweetness.


I'm not sure what the rest of our day will bring. Maybe a little playing outside, a bike ride with my son, how about a picnic? Tomorrow is the first day of school. We must live this day to the fullest and enjoy the last "pre-1st day school" day the Lord has give us.


I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Thy name for evermore.
Psalm 86:12

No comments:

Post a Comment