Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow....



Said the little kitty cat.

I just love my two kitties, Calleigh and Tiger. Both were adopted from our animal shelter after the 1st love of my life, Murphy, passed away. For all of you animal lovers out there, you can relate to the loss of a loved pet. I had Murphy for 13 years and I honestly never thought of losing him. I guess I just assumed he would live forever.




After a few months of mourning, I couldn't take the silence in our home. When my son visited his Father on every other weekend, I had Murphy to keep me company. I had his Meow to hear throughout the home, and of course all his loving companionship to let me know HE still needed me. One day, on the spur of the moment, my son and I headed to the Humane Society. There we spotted our kitties, curled up in a ball with one another as if they were keeping each other warm. We both feel in love with Tiger's color, but since he was cuddling with Calleigh, I said let's take them both! My son was ecstatic! We got them out of their cage and took them to a private room. They were so playful and loving, they stole our hearts instantly.


Here we are, over a year later and they have grown into adult cats. Tiger is the big, burly male cat that flops down on you and demands your attention (does that sound like a man or what?). Calleigh, only comes to you on her terms and if you are lucky, she will sit next to you and lick you (typical female). Both sleep with me at night and hog 1/2 of the bed and sometimes my spare pillow. But I wouldn't trade them or their cat hair for anything.


Neither kitty replace the void Murphy left in my heart, they have just added to it. I hope I have both of them for the next 13 years of my life, and so does my son. I think they are content with their new home too.




No comments:

Post a Comment