Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Scrapbook Room

I have always wanted my own play room. A room to designed to let the creative juices flow, a place for all of your things, a place you can spread out and play. I finally have that place, but it's still a work in progress. When I purchased this home for my son and I, I instantly knew I wanted the third bedroom to be my craft room. I saved decorating this room for last so I had plenty of time to think about what I wanted to do. It's not finished, but I'll show you what I have so far.

Since it is a room designed around photos, I wanted to decorate with as many pictures as possible. I am the "less is more" kind of gal, but I threw that theory out the window on this room and filled it full of memories. I have many photos of me as a little girl, my sister, my Mom and Dad, pets and everything else I love. My sister was my inspiration because I wanted it very "girly" and since that is not my decorating taste, I looked to her for help. I would find something, e-mail it to her and say "would you buy this?". If the answer was yes, I would purchase it. She was the one that said, you need a chandelier for your light fixture. So, I found this very cute one, and fell in love with it instantly.

I found this rustic, Tuscan appeal bookcase at Wal-Mart and filled it with all kinds of goodies. The leather baskets hold different Scrapbook materials. I have lots of touches of Paris throughout my room because I LOVE the Eiffel Tower.

My Desk is not the prettiest, but it serves the function of work-station. The ribbon holder I found at a flea-market and use it to hold my spools of ribbon and punches. My sister made my curtains for me and they are so luxurious!


I have photos of my Mom and Dad in their younger days. I turned colored photos into sepia and I love looking at them. Over my desk I have a photo of the Eiffel tower I ordered from E-bay and wire baskets from IKEA holding all kinds of embellishments. (A super great store if you are in need of decorating a room on a budget.)



















My ferocious lion must guard all of my goodies, including my Eiffel Tower lamp (Birthday present from my son). My other cute flea market find was this miniature dresser that also holds embellishments, chipboard and everything else sweet. The picture on top is my sister and I when I was just 2 months old.

That is my scrapbook room. My place of peace, relaxation and home of creativity. I'll continue to decorate, replace and add to it as time and money allows. But for now it's probably my second most favorite room of my home, next to my kitchen. I think every female, wife, Mama need a room or space to call their own. Even if you must share it with your feline friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment