Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School Days, School Days....


The kiddies are back in school, first full day. My son just entered the 4th grade and he loves it. But remember, it's only day #1. We have a tradition in our family that I carried on from my best friend's family. Every year, I would meet my best friend at her house, on the front step, and wait for her Mom to take our picture. We would be dressed up in all of our new clothes and excited about sharing our newly purchased school supplies with our other girl friends.

The same holds true today, over 25 years later, but today I'm the Mom taking the picture with my 9 year old. Why is it kids are so excited to go back to school? Maybe it's the excitement of the new beginning, new classroom, new teacher and hopefully lots of fun in between. I don't know if I'll be able to talk my son into standing on the front porch when he is a Senior in High School so that I can capture the event, so for now I better take all the pictures I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment