Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Delicious Autumn!


Delicious autumn!

My very soul is

wedded to it, and if I were a bird I

would fly about the

earth seeking the successive

autumns.

George Eliot



Fall is here, my favorite time of the year. My birthday is in October, so it's always been an extra special season to celebrate. I wish it could be Fall year round, maybe with a little Spring tucked here and there.

Fall puts me in the mood to cook and start nesting. One of my favorite fall cookbooks is "Autumn" by Susan Branch. She is, in my opinion, the most beautiful artist. If you have not discovered her, you MUST look into it.

My son and I have started planning our Fall Harvest party. We will invite the birthday club girlfriends and their families. We'll have lots of kids, lots of food and lots of created memories. Mom and Dad will come too, they can't miss a good party either. I think I may need to make this yummy drink for our camp fire evening.

I hope you enjoy this beautiful season!


Pumpkin Latte


2 heaping Tbsp. canned pumpkin

1 Tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

hot coffee, decaf, or espresso

hot milk


Into each large mug put first 4 ingredients.

Fill cup half-way with coffee and stir well.

Fill cup with hot milk and whisk. Top with

whipped cream, dust with cinnamon.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment