Monday, September 8, 2008

I need a Muffin Man

I need a new job, and that job should entail a muffin man that lives on Drury Lane. Today was yet another terrible day at work and it makes me wish all the more that I have my own little job, with my own little bakery and it was just me and the muffins (or cupcakes).

Work has not been going well, too many reasons why and I won't bore you on details. But as I'm feeling sorry for myself, I must remember two of the other supervisors in our division and the challenges they are facing. One lady, single, never been married was diagonased with breast cancer a month ago. She had surgery to remove the lump, but now it's time for chemo and radiation. She has God in her life and is holding her head high and putting herself in His hands. But in the end, she must go through all of the scares, ill feelings and being alone during this time.

The other supervisor has a husband with liver cancer and she is watching him slowly pass away. He has fought it hard, but it has been a long 2 years with so much pain. She is a believer of Jesus, but not a follower. I keep praying this will bring her closer to Him.

I wish I could take these two ladies, wrap them up, bake their miseries away and we all eat muffins, or better yet, chocolate cupcakes.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment