Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Harvest Party

It's been a busy week around our home. We are getting ready for a party this weekend where many of our friends are invited. My son is probably excited more than I, but that is because he has his own little party going on too. All of my friends have kids his age, so we have 8 other kids coming in addition to the parents. I can guarantee, we will be doing our thing, while they are doing their thing.

My son wanted a "Spooky" theme, I wanted a fall harvest theme. We compromised. He gets to turn the shed into a haunted house with the spooky decorations, I get the rest. It has been fun however coming up with things to put in the soon-to-be haunted house. I will share pictures with you later once it is ready to greet all of the guests (or should I say victims!!). NO, just kidding, it won't be too scary, just dark, cob-webs, black lights and whatever else we can DIG up. Hee-Hee.

I am grilling a beef brisket that is Paula Deen's recipe. Here it is if you ever want to cook one. It is actually very easy and if you have any leftovers, they freeze well. But I warn you, there is a very good chance you will not have any leftovers. All of the guests are bringing a dish to share, so I know we will have lots of yummy dishes.

We will also be bobbing for apples, have treat bags for the kids, roasting marshmallows and just sitting around enjoying the fellowship while the kids scream and run around. We have a cold front moving in tonight which is bringing cooler weather. The high on Saturday is only going to be 61 while the night time temperature is 38. Burrrrrr! Good thing we will have a fire.

I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of our Fall Harvest Party after this weekend. This is my favorite time of the year. I love being with my family, friends and all the beauty that comes with the change of seasons. Now if we could just figure out a way to go from Fall to Spring....... Speaking of beauty (or maybe cuteness is a better word) I found this picture on the internet and fell in love with it. Wish I had a pet Hedgehog!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...he is very cute! I wish you had one too...then I could come over and play with him. :)

    ReplyDelete