Saturday, November 8, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been lazy on placing new posts, but I've been busy, busy. I feel like one of Santa's little elves that must get busy or Christmas will be here before we know it. It is 48 days away, you know. Since I received my fun new Cuttlebug for my birthday, it has opened up a million possibilities of gifts to make. I have some other things in mind as well, but I can not share them since my Mom and Sister read my blog

All I can tell you is my craft room is a mess most of the time and Michael's and Hobby Lobby is a very dangerous place to go this time of year. But in the midst of it all, I will not forget another important holiday, Thanksgiving. It is a very special holiday because you can just focus on being with your family, being reminded of all those things we have to be grateful for, and enjoy wonderful food. There are no presents, no decorations, no costumes, just family.

It's time for my Mom, Sister and I to plan the menu. We have our traditional favorites, but each of us usually try something new to shake things up a bit. My Dad always says "We ALWAYS have too much food (as he is rubbing his belly)!" And in all honesty, we do. But thank the Lord someone created Tupperware because we can all share in the leftovers.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful time of the year. Play in the leaves, go on walks, cuddle with a book and coffee, eat some pumpkin pie, but most importantly.........count your blessings.

I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30

No comments:

Post a Comment