Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Ohhhhh, my tummy is full. We not only had a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch, we had a great leftover Thanksgiving dinner. My family all gathered at my Sister's home. My brother-in-law's family came as well so we had a full house. But that is what holidays are all about, family. Like usual, we had lots of yummy dishes from all of the good cooks. We also had lots of good laughs and stories to tell.

My dishes included green beans (pretty much the only healthy thing there), a pumpkin roll, broccoli/cauliflower salad and an apple tart. My son talked me into making the tart last minute since he doesn't like pumpkin pie and "kids deserve dessert on Thanksgiving too!!". By Golly! My sister made a yummy, juicy turkey and many other things. My Mom made her famous homemade noodles and dressing. The dressing was by far my favorite. You know it was a successful meal when my Dad gets up from the table, groans and rubs his belly. It's his way of saying "good meal cooks!". :)

Of the entire group, my brother-in-law is the only one going shopping tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I must work, which is a better place to be than the shopping mall. I would rather pay full price for something then fight those crowds, it just isn't worth it. But now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas season will be in full force. We will start decorating this weekend, I can hardly wait.

I hope work goes quickly tomorrow so I can get home to the holiday decorating. The cats will be in hog heaven with all of the new things around to play with......and climb. We'll see if they knock the tree over again this year. Not looking forward to that, I'm hoping the extra year of growing will prevent them from getting too high in the tree. Time will tell.

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving and were able to rub your bellies and groan when you got up from the table as well. For all of our loved ones not with us, we missed you. Hugs and Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...those green beans and broccoli salad were sooo good! I am to full right now but tomorrow I will be dreaming about them again! HA! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving to my baby sis.
    The Big Sis XOXOX

    ReplyDelete