Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holly, Jolly

Our home has been spread with Christmas cheer. There is a touch of Christmas in every room, even the bathroom. The tree has been decorated and looks very pretty. I decided to put white lights on our tree this year and my son wasn't very happy. He prefers colored lights, but since we have done that for the last 8 years, it was my turn to try something new. My son does have his own little Christmas tree in his bedroom, decorated with colored lights, so he still has a tree decorated his way.

I love getting our ornaments out each year because they bring back such happy memories. Over the years my Mom has given my sister and I different ornaments from our childhood. I have one from my Godfather given to me when I was 3 years old. Each year since my son has been a baby, I've purchased him a new Christmas tree ornament. In addition, each vacation we have taken, we always search out an ornament for our tree that will remind us of our trip.

Since we visited Disney in 2008, I have many Mickey ears on my tree this year. We also have lots of dolphins from other beach vacations. Here are some pictures of my favorites.

This is the baby block from my Godfather.

This is one of my favorites because it reminds me of my son. The little blond boy, in his red jammies, soooooo excited about Christmas.


Patrick's picture is fuzzy, but my son had to hang him right in the middle of the tree since Patrick is my son's favorite!


One of the many Mickey ears adoring our tree.

And if you still believe in Santa, you can hear this bell ring. Can you hear it??



This was taken a whole 5 years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. My son loves to have his picture taken but I'm sure it's because I've had my camera attached to my hip since he was a baby. Each Christmas he would put his feety jammies on, get under the Christmas tree and let me take lots of pictures of him. Sometimes the poor cat would get drug into it as well. I just loved seeing Christmas through his eyes and I wanted to capture each moment.



And here is our lovely tree. The picture does not do it justice. And besides, chance are, in a few more days, the two fur balls will probably knock it over if they can have it their way. I'm hoping they are too fat to climb it this year.

I decided to hang some large, unbreakable ornaments in the bay window as a way to entice the kitties to pat at something other than the tree. So far it has worked, but we'll see what dawn brings tomorrow. Even though they can be rowdy, they are beautiful to me. And just like my 9 year old son, I love to take their pictures too.






No comments:

Post a Comment