Friday, December 26, 2008

Ahhhhh Christmas

Christmas was a wonderful day, full of squeals from the kids (and a few from the adults), lots of joy, playing, talking, eating and just being filled with the Christmas spirit. We started our morning at 7:00am. I can't believe my son slept that late, but he did. However, when he woke up he came tearing out of his bed room yelling and scared the daylights out of me so it sent me into shock, which instantly made me a Grinch. I took a couple breaths, told him to settle down and we headed for the family room.



Santa had arrived and left goodies not only for my son, but also for me and the kitties. The night before my son stuffed my stocking with presents he had purchased for me. He opened his stocking first and then opened the presents for the kitties. They were both in catnip heaven after tearing into their presents.



Next it was on to the presents for my son. He loved them all, especially the Nerf thing that shoots bullets (and I warned him...NOT at the cats!). After he opened his presents I opened my stocking that had so many cute fun things inside. He did a great job shopping (with the help of my sweet Mom and Sister). After he played for a bit it was off to Mom and Dad's house to meet up with my Sister, Brother-in-law and two nieces to start it all over again.


There were so many more wonderful gifts to be given, it's hard to pick a favorite. I guess for me, it was giving the presents I had made for my two nieces. I made both of them their own Disney album from our trip earlier in 2008. It was a lot of fun making more Disney albums, but even better to see them get excited looking through them. My sister and brother-in-law loved them too. I also made a wreath for my sister with vintage Christmas tree ornaments on it that she loved. It's so fun to give.




My Mom drew my name and gave me lots of wonderful things. Things to cook with, scrapbook with and just look at, all three of my favorite pastimes! Everyone else in the family received lots of fun presents and we took our sweet time opening things up. We took a break for lunch in between, but in all, I think it took us close to 4 hours to open. We went around and watched each person open their gifts and no one hurried. It's so much nicer then when the kids were smaller because they couldn't stand to wait until it was their turn again. We were able to enjoy the whole present opening experience.


After presents we all sat around, talked and the kids played with all of their new things. Later in the afternoon we headed to my Sister's house for supper and more good times. My Dad made a famous Grasshopper drink that has been a tradition in our family since his Mom was still alive. My Grandma Mac loved this drinks so we always had them at Christmas. By now, our bellies were full, the kids were sleepy and it was time to head home for a long winter's nap.

Now, it's time to find a home for the new things and get the house into some kind of orderly fashion. Or, if all else fails, sit and watch a movie while enjoying my last vacation day. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment