Saturday, February 28, 2009

Labor of Love

He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever.
1 Chronicles 17:12

Today I witnessed men of God, build walls for a place that will someday worship our Lord. Our church supports a local church camp, and they were in a need of a new building. I understand we found people to donate funds, lumber, supplies and most importantly, their time in order to bring this place together.

It was very neat to be a part of, however I mostly sat on my fanny (did cook some food for them to eat) and watched in awe and took a bunch of pictures while the men worked. My son really wanted to help, but it was such an orchestrated event, with many powerful air tools, they didn't want little kids helping. We did go, PaPa was able to help, and once it was over my son was able to help clean up. He was able to witness many men working hard for a great cause. And he got to jump on a trampoline which was another highlight.

The walls were built in sets of three at a time until every wall was built. I wish I knew more about the project to see how many were done over the last two days, but if I had to guess, I would say there were at least 40-50 walls. They were stacked very high in a shed once the last one was built. Very cool.

It was a fun way to spend a Saturday. I'm sure there will be many sore men at church tomorrow. But even though, I'm sure they would agree, the sacrifice they all made is well worth the sacrifice Jesus made for each of them. I'm sure Jesus was smiling today.
Oh wishing he could help.
Even the Sr. High boys came to help. And they even knew how to work power tools!
Ummm, something isn't right here.
Measure twice, cut once.
Jumping on the trampoline, in a very cold and windy day. But they don't care, can't you tell?
A father and son horsing around.
video
Video of the last wall being stacked.
The last stack of walls being taken away.
And Bo...well he got all of the leftovers and was one happy bow-wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment