Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

It's been a beautiful day here in the Midwest, a true sign that Spring is coming. Our temperature reached the low 70's and every animal in our family was loving it. Today I took a vacation day from work and spent the entire day with my sissy. Before I took my son to school, I opened up a few windows at home so the kitties could enjoy the warmer weather.



Needless to say they both knew the sound of an opening window and rushed to jump up in it. While my son at his breakfast, I opened the sliding glass door to our patio and Tiger, was front and center. I think he was so excited he was overjoyed and didn't know what to do. In an attempt to get as much of his body in the warm breeze, he squeezed his big booty between the screen door and the sliding glass door. Then...he got stuck.








He would wedge himself between these two panes many times, but refused to stop trying. I don't really know what he was trying to do, but he was enjoying himself. Calleigh on the other hand, sat in the kitchen window prim and proper like a little lady should, staring at her brother and Lord only knows what she was thinking.



After the kiddos were dropped off at school, I headed to my sister's house so we could head North to "Big City". My sister shared with me that today is her kitty's birthday. His name is Simon and he is very "large and in charge". Simon is 6 years old. He was propped up on the table looking rather handsome, perched for all the world to take in his beauty. He is a bit stuck up, but I still love him. :)





It was time to hit the road, we've got to get this shopping expedition on the road. We shopped at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, the Mall and JoAnn's fabrics. I looked at scrapbook items, she looked at fabric. But we both loved looking at all of the Easter goodies. My sister fell in love with a stuffed chocolate bunny with pink ears. She bought him for herself. He was very cute. In between shopping we met a girlfriend for lunch at Chili's and had great fellowship. It was a very fun day with my sissy.
We got back home in time to pick up the kids from school. While I was leaving my sister's house to head to school, her little doggie, Sophie, jumped in my car because she thought she needed to go for a ride. So Sophie and I head to school to pick up my son. He was very surprised to see Sophie in the car waiting for him...he did receive lots of licks. Sophie loves to go for rides and especially with the windows down. She was in heaven sticking her head out the window, smelling the air and her ears blowing in the wind. I couldn't resist taking these cute pictures of her.








It's 4:30 and my son is outside playing his favorite sport, basketball. He too is loving this warm weather. I sure hope it's here to stay. I'm BEYOND ready for tulips, green grass, ladybugs and warm afternoons. Not only are the animals loving it, so am I. Happy Spring day to you, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment