Monday, April 6, 2009

Bathroom Demolition

Well, we are on day 3 of no bathroom at our home. The demolition took place Saturday and Sunday and the men are in my home today, Monday, trying to put it all back together again. Heaven help them....and my poor cats that don't have a clue as to what has hit the home.


Saturday afternoon my Dad and brother-in-law came over. My son was so excited with helping, he didn't know where he wanted to start first. After taking out the easy things like towel bars, vanity, shower rod, the fun really began. My son could not wait to start plucking off the tiles. He didn't need to take the tiles off because my brother-in-law was going to cut all of the drywall off, but he just had to pick those tile off. They were driving him crazy. So while the men did other things, my son picked, one-by-one, those tiles.





I had a window in my tub area so my Dad cut all of that out and left me with a big hole in my wall. It wasn't an issue until I had to use the bathroom one last time. I didn't have a door on the bathroom any longer and a hole in the wall for the outside world to see. By that time I had to use the potty so bad I couldn't wait, so I didn't care. I don't think anyone saw me, but it was a bit weird to use the potty while looking outside with no window to obstruct your view (or anyone else's).



Things were going fine until my brother-in-law was ready to start cutting the drywall. I totally forgot how dusty this was and the film it left on everything in it's path. We closed doors, hung up plastic and stuffed towels under doors, but there was still plenty that found it's way out. I'm a clean freak...in a sane kind of way....so this was about ready to push me over board. Not to mention the drywall foot prints all over my home. All I can say is Thank you Lord for hardwood floors. I know it will all clean up and I was able to walk out and leave the yucky mess.

Very important in construction work to use the right protection. :)


And after you have on the correct protection, you can pretend like you get to use this massive saw. But in reality, there was no way this Mama would allow something like that to happen.




Calleigh didn't know what was going on, but she was very interested to be in the middle of it. She was able to keep her home, the sink, until it was time to remove the vanity. Then she got the boot. But until then, she had a perfect view of everything going on.




The true construction workers, tossing my bathtub out what used to be the window.




All of the new pretty goodies are in here, waiting for their new spot in my bathroom.



There are so many other things to mention, but I think this can sum it up. My son and I are officially living with my Sister and nieces. My brother-in-law left for a business trip so it's just the girls, and one little boy. I may not be in my home, but I'm in a place that makes me feel like home so I will survive. Each day my son and I will visit the house to see the progress. It's going to be beautiful, I know it will. But it has been a tornado to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....What a mess..It will certainly be worth it all in the end. Just pretend you are on a vacation while away from home. Have Girlie nights when you get the kids to bed. Big O

    ReplyDelete