Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

How was your Easter weekend? As you already know, my son and I moved back home Friday. I was busy cleaning and cooking in my home all weekend to prepare for the Easter feast. The Easter Bunny came while my son was at his Dad's, so the goods were hidden when he got home Sunday morning.

My contributing dishes for our Easter dinner consisted of Copper Carrots, Coconut Cake and Crescent rolls. I just noticed, they all started with the letter "C"....huh! Anyway, all were yummy I must say and if you are in the mood to bake a Coconut Cake, you must try this recipe. It's from the Barefoot Contessa and you can find it here. Since it was Easter, I died the coconut pink, plus I knew my sister would love it.

When I was all done with my cooking, my body needed a good soak. This was the first "bath" in my new tub. It was wonderful. I ran out of hot water before I could fill it up. I had to dig through my stash to find something lovely to put in the water. I had some bath salts from Bath and Body. When I opened it up I forgot that the scoop was an actual shell. Oh it made me purr just thinking of it.


I loved every bit of my new bath, except one small detail. The nice, shiny, reflective cap thingy where the overflow drain is. Let's just say it needs to get some soap scum over it so it doesn't reflect so much. Enough said.

Sunday morning Tiger waited patiently for his buddy to come home. He missed him, as did I. My son finally arrived in time to search for his Easter Bunny goodies (he doesn't believe in the EB anymore, but I won't stop believing).


Unfortunately, my son was sick so our Easter Sunday was a little off. I wasn't able to go to church because he was so ill, instead we visited Convenient Care. Oh boy. However, he was well enough that we still went to my sister's to meet up with the rest of the family. My Aunt and Uncle from Colorado are home visiting so they were with us this Easter Sunday. I always love it when they come home to visit. Here are my parents, my Aunt and Uncle and a very dear family friend. All gathered at the "big people table". :)

After dinner we all sat around and talked, waited for our food to digest so we could consume more..dessert. The coconut cake was a hit, but boy was it rich. My sister has a love for Fisher Price Little People. She has decided to display her collection from our childhood days. They were looking all happy perched in her kitchen, I had to take their picture too.

And last but not least, I had to get Mr. Handsome's picture taken. He was laying on my niece's lap, as if he was saying, "What in the heck are you looking at?". He really does have a smile in there....someplace.

If you can't see it, here is his cute cousin's smile. She was scoping out the birds and squirrels playing through the picture window.


So how was your Easter? What did you do to celebrate this glorious occasion?

1 comment:

  1. Man! My new "window" over the kitchen table rocks!!! And, I reeeeealy wish I had another piece of that yummo cake you made. The pink icing made it that much better too! ;)

    Your sis

    ReplyDelete