Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my Mom's birthday! She is a woman that means the world to me, a rock to lean on, and she makes a mean coconut cream pie. She has been my strength through 2 divorces, many heart breaks before then, raising a child as a single parent, and countless other things that only a Mom can help with. She has taught me how to cook, take care of a home, raise a child, love and just be a woman. I owe my life to her, because without her, I would not be here (Dad had a part to play in that too...but this isn't about him).

I love you Mom!!!
I so wish I had a scanner at home to scan pictures. I have a picture in my scrapbook room of my Mom and I. I was born in 1970 and the best thing you could be in 1970 was a hairdresser, which my Mom was. In the picture, Mom's hair was piled high in a bee's nest. We are at the kitchen table, I have this cute sassy dress on and I'm holding the BIGGEST lollipop a 1 year old could ever need. I have a grin on my face from ear to ear. Mom is sitting next to me with her hair just smiling at me. I love the picture. I'm sure I was a hellion after eating a huge, sugar loaded lollipop. But at the time, Mom looks like she is enjoying watching me eat it.
Thanks Mom, for this memory and every one in between. I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend.
Me

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sweet One. You will never know how much you mean to ME by all the joys you bring into Hmy heart.How wonderful Is is that God made me a mother to two wonderful girls.I have to add the grandkids you have both gave to me also. Mom

    ReplyDelete