Saturday, May 2, 2009

Welcome May

It's officially May, and I have no idea where January-April went. Our kids will be out for summer break in three weeks and summer vacation will have started. My goodness.

Mayday is normally a day where my son and I make handmade baskets and deliver them to love ones, however we didn't get to do that this year. Since May 1st was on a Friday, he had to leave to go visit his Dad for the weekend. Even though I did not get to make and deliver any baskets, I did receive one....from my niece and Sister.



It was such a nice surprise. I worked late last night, pulled into my garage, walked to the door and saw this sweet basket hanging on my door. It made my day. My sister is once again teaching me to love and appreciate something, flowers. And even though I don't have anyone to purchase them for me, I should buy them for myself. I think I will start doing that!

But for now, I have this little nosegay to love. I have them stuck on my kitchen table in an old olive oil bottle. Adding a bit of sunshine to this house, with so much icky, dreary rain outside.

I hope you enjoyed your Mayday, and hopefully someone left you a little basket on your door knob.

No comments:

Post a Comment