Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wishing The Week Away

It's been a pretty bad week for me. Not my evening time (family time), but my work time. I find myself constantly wishing the week away and praying for the weekend. It's a terrible rut to be in and I must get myself out of it. Today was a terrible, terrible day at work. I was at my breaking point and almost in tears, and it takes me a long, long time to get there. I can take a lot of "crud" before it pushes me over the edge. Luckily, the final push was around 4:15 so I was able to stay strong until 5:00 and I walked out.

The moment I got in my car, I rolled down my windows, opened the sun roof and asked God to talk to me. I heard on our Christian radio station that today was the National Day of Prayer. I felt ashamed, I was so tied up in my own self pity, I didn't talk to God today and give him my prayers as he deserved.

I turned off the radio and prayed, so hard and fast that I don't remember some towns I drove through. But as I prayed, the stress was lifted. The sky was beautiful, and I know God knows how much I love clouds so he gave me some. To the far West a storm was brewing, but the sky in front of it was beautiful. As usual, He was showing off with His beauty. By the time I was home, the feelings I had 30 minutes earlier were gone.

I picked up my son, headed to our local grocery store to buy some flowers. But the flowers were not for me, I am giving them to three ladies in my department tomorrow. You see in the middle of all our chaos, I had to go to them for extra help above and beyond their job. I asked others, but it was only these three that helped me out. They put in more overtime to get the job done. I just wanted to thank them and give them something to make them smile tomorrow, because tomorrow will not be much better. But besides making them feel happy, it made me feel even better to give. I think I will enjoy their flowers more than they.


Please learn from me, don't forget about giving God his glory today during this Day of Prayer. It's not too late. Plus, His phone line is always open.

1 comment: