Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Run



My son hit his first home run of the season last night. It was our first game in the tournament and he was on Cloud 9. He was so excited and I was so proud of him. They still lost, but that will be a game he will remember forever.


These baseball pictures are from a different game, but thought I would share them anyway. He is number 11 so his nickname is "Sticks". He was so upset that they lost, only by 1 run, because the entire team played so well together. He isn't ready for the season to be over.



They do have another game, it's a double elimination tournament so we'll see how they play Thursday evening. Even though I'm so ready for baseball to be over, I do hope (a little) they win so they can keep going in the tournament.



But if they don't, we have been talking about him getting 8 of his baseball buddies together for the rest of this summer to form a team like these guys.


If you have never seen this movie (click on link above), I highly recommend it. They unfortunately same some cruse words, but it is a great baseball movie about some young boys. We've watched it many times in our house, but now my son wants to form his own Sandlot.
I'll keep you posted on how the tournament fairs. Let's hope for a few more winning games.




No comments:

Post a Comment