Friday, February 5, 2010

Mama's Computer is Back!



About 6 months ago my computer died. Come to find out the main power supply pooped out. My computer is not only old, it was basically free, so the idea of spending money on a new one made me want to cry. I work at a bank and every now and then they sell our old computers for $25.00 per PC with monitor. Quite the deal isn't it? A few years ago I bought 2, one for me and one for Colin. By now they are probably 5 years old which is about 100 years old in computer terms.

When my computer died I took it to Best Buy and they determined what was wrong and said there was a chance I wouldn't be able to get a new power supply because of it's age. I took it back home with me pouting the whole way home and from there....it sat. Missing my blogs so much, I stole my son's computer and told him we had to share. Yeah I know, nice Mom.

For the last 6 months we have been sharing and doing a fine job at it I must say. But since it's in my craft room on a little table there have been many evenings where I got kicked out so Colin could play some games. The idea of buying a new one was sounding more appealing all the time. That was until I found out one of our IT guys at work does computer work on the side. I brought it to work, he took it home and $40.00 later, HE FIXED IT! That included his time and parts. I was beyond ecstatic, I gave him $60.00 because he made me so happy.

Tonight, I have my computer back and Colin has his. We are both in our separate rooms playing on them. It's so nice. He has one kitty on his desk and I have the other. I do however hear "I, Want to Rock and Roll all Night" coming from his room and he keeps talking to his computer. But in the end, he has his and I have mine. How sweet it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment