Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mama Mia'

Tonight....we have pizza!

Colin wanted homemade pizza for dinner so I pulled out this nifty little recipe book I had that came inside my favorite magazine, "Food Network". I love experiementing with pizza dough but I still haven't found one I "love". I did like the taste of this one, but the dough was too thick. I don't believe it was the dough's fault, I stretched it instead of rolling it so it didn't have a chance to get thin. Regardless, it was yummy.



Pizza Dough Recipe

Whisk 3 3/4 cups flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Make a well and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 packet yeast. When foamy, mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil; knead until smooth, 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Divide into two 1-pound balls.


I used my mixer with the dough hook. Worked perfectly.


And here she rests.......



Our ingredients of choice, however I did change them a bit. I opted against the olives and sun dried tomatoes. I instead added fresh tomatoes with the artichokes, onion and pepperoni. Ummm.....artichokes.


Before she goes into the oven...........



After she came out of the oven and before she was devoured. Well, I was the only one eating this pizza pie, so there is tons left. I will be taking it in my lunch this week. Since the dough makes 2 pounds I made another pizza for Colin with cheese and pepperoni. He too will be eating left overs.


Yummy Italian dinner, you can never go wrong with pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy It just makes your mouth water. You can practice anytime on Dad and I.....I hope you had a restful day off.

    ReplyDelete