Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend with my Sissy and Family

It's been almost 2 whole months since I've seen my Sister and family and I was really craving a visit. We finally made it to Michigan Friday night for some much needed family time. We didn't have a whole lot of time with them since we had to come back Sunday, but I'll take any time, even the short visits.

My Sissy has been asking me for a looooong time to make this banner she saw on another blog. I saved it but it just looked too challenging, but I finally studied it enough and decided to go for it. It's my own version, she likes it so that's all that matters. I hung it in her kitchen windows and with the sun shinning it, it did feel like "Spring".



We had lots of fun in MI, did a little bit of shopping while Uncle Mark was the KING and took the kids to Chuckie Cheese. Gave us girls a little time alone to visit (and hit an Antique shop). Then we all met up at the movie theatre to watch "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". It was a great movie, loved by all.

Sunday before we left for church I snapped a few pictures outdoors. She had a very cute Spring decoration on her porch stoop.

It went nicely with this stuff in the grass....snow. It is Michigan afterall.


While I was outside Sophie looked like she was watching me, but those eyes couldn't see me. Poor little thing is practically blind but she sure looked darn cute starring out the front door.

After church and lunch it was time to head home. Colin and I talked about being good and heading home with no stops (like we normally do), but we couldn't do it. I really think we are just so sad to leave MI, we must make stops on the way home to stall. We stopped in St. Joseph again. The last time we were there, the lake looked like this......click here. Quite the improvement wouldn't you say?




This water sure does draw you in. It may have been 40 degrees but I could have plopped a blanket down and had a picnic in the wet sand. The water is so captivating. It was a bit dark and brown, I guess the current or maybe all the ice and snow that had melted. Not sure but I still loved it (and so did Colin).



And guess who else came back to the beach....these guys.


The reason they are so thick is because Colin decided to feed them Chex Mix. They flew in by the thousands. We had to get out of there in fear of bombs being dropped on our heads.


After saying good-bye one more time to MI, we said we would see you again very soon. In less than 2 weeks we go back with Mom and Dad for Easter. I can't wait to be with everyone again. Christmas was the last time our whole family was together. It's time.

1 comment:

  1. You can not feed Chex Mix to the rats of the sea!!! They will bother you to no end!!! They are in the Meijer parking lot again. Summer will be here soon and we can go to the beach without our winter coats!! Yippee!!! See you soon!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete