Thursday, April 1, 2010

Final Stretch of Vacation

I'm a bit bummed, vacation is almost over. However it has been wonderful to be away from work and I am definitely in "vacation mode". In fact, I've been too busy to even blog! I believe I have accomplished everything on my to-do list, plus a few more things. Tomorrow morning, we all leave for Michigan. I am packed and ready to go (now). :)

Here are a few pictures from my week. Daffodils blooming in my yard. Little lovelies.


My pear tree blooming. Such a lovely sight.

My Sister, 2 nieces and I went down to Amish Country to a favorite store while she was home. The horses were enjoying the warmer weather as well. This feller was scratching his back in the corn field.


Strong work horses.


I bought some strawberries and we had Strawberry Shortcake. I bought the angel food cake from the Amish and it was so yummy. We took it over to Mom and Dad's because Strawberry Shortcake is Dad's favorite!


Colin had a big reading test today so each night we studied. I know now what it feels like to be a stay at home Mom. I must say, I loved it. I've never had the ability to do it since I've been single practically Colin's whole life, but it is fun every now and then to pretend. I would miss work to a degree, but I would rather work in a bakery or something fun.



Tiger looking handsome....enjoying the afternoon sunlight.


Tuesday night was the beginning of baseball season. Colin was excited to start his next sport.


And finally today, I picked him up at noon so we could enjoy lunch together. His last day before Easter Break and he was very ready for school to be out. He picked DQ so he could have ice cream.


I also promised him treats for his afternoon Easter party and he requested soft sugar cookies. I've never made soft ones, only flaky ones, so I had to search for a recipe on-line. I must say, they are darn tasty. They are a little cake like and puffy. I love the pastel frosting too. :)



Tomorrow we will be in Michigan enjoying the rest of Easter break with my parents, Sister and her family. It is also my Mom's Birthday on Saturday so it will be a weekend with lots of special meaning.
I hope you have a blessed Easter and may we all remember the importance of this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment