Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fighting Ilini Baseball

Last night Colin and I went to an Illini Baseball game with some other baseball buddies (and their parents) and we all had a blast. They met me at the field after I got off work and the boys were SOOOO wound up. Two of Colin's baseball teammates were with us and they could not stop talking about baseball.


Here's the crew, plus a little sister.



Before the game started a helicopter flew over to and dropped two baseballs to see how close they could get to the pitcher's mound. They were darn close.


The National Anthem.


The boys were allowed to go out on the field to stand for the National Anthem as well.



Talking about the game. (I love this picture)


Fireworks at the 7th inning stretch.

The field.


The guys looking tough.......or trying to.


After the game was over the boys were standing at the fence and Colin gave one of the Umps a "high five". The Ump then gave each of the boys a baseball from his pouch. They were so excited about getting an actual ball from the game. The balls were even stained with grass, Colin that was WAY cool!


Once they had their baseballs, they ran over to the dugout to get autographs from the players. The whole way home Colin was on cloud 9. He kept saying "I had the best time tonight". I had a blast watching him have so much fun. I am so thankful God gave me a boy.

2 comments:

  1. That looked like a ton of fun!! Makes me want to call someone a fart sniffer. HAAAAAA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just How old is nana? You totaly left me on what that comment means??????.I really liked the post!!!

    ReplyDelete