Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to me, and Christmas, and Easter, and Valentine's Day.....

Today.........I took the official plunge and went to a bigger and better camera. After many months of research, reading many, many ladies blogs and talking to a sweet co-worker, I decided to go with the Canon Rebel XS EOS 1000D. I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds good.

I am so intimidated by this camera, I don't know where to start. You may ask, "Then why in the world did you buy this camera?" I did because I wanted more than what my little point and shoot had to offer. And believe me, this has a million more things to offer and 80% of it I don't understand.


When Colin saw my new purchase I think he was more excited than I. He quickly asked if he could get everything out while I made dinner so I said sure (after giving him the lecture about being careful, lots of money, yadda, yadda, yadda). By the time I got the pizza in the oven he had the camera unpackaged, set up, battery charging and everything in the bag. I didn't even get to see it! He wasn't scared of it at all.

After dinner he popped the battery charger in and away he went. He probably took 100 pictures tonight and I think I got about 10 (but wait until he goes to bed....hee-hee). While he was taking 100 pictures of Romeo, I was being the good new owner and started reading the Instruction Manual. It talks about 100-200mm, Tv exposure, AEB and the IS and some of the L, M, N, O, P's. Just kidding, but I do understand that last part.

So, this is my present to me for the next 10 years. My sweet co-worker and I are going to bring our camera's to work Monday and eat lunch together so hopefully she can teach me a thing or two about this monster. She already has lots of experience with her Canon, so hopefully she can shed some light on me. Our evening is about up, I think I'll go do something I know...... like laundry.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow that thing is huge!! No wonder you are scared. I got scared to when I first saw it. :) I know it was a big purchase for you, but that is your passion...so don't feel bad about it. And I know you will figure out the L, M, N, O, P's of it all. ;) You are a very smart gal. XOXOXOX
    The Big Sis

    ReplyDelete