Friday, July 2, 2010

A little this and a little That

It's Friday and I have not caught my breath since we've gotten home. But tomorrow, we head out again for Michigan to spend the 4th with my Sissy and her family. I can't wait, I don't need to rest, sleep is totally over rated, right? :)

Thought I would share a few pictures of things from before DC to during DC. These pictures were taken with my new camera that I totally love!

Romeo laying in the back-yard.


Resting in the sunlight.



And a smile for you (does this picture not crack you up??!)


When we arrived in DC we knew right away what we wanted our first stop to be, the White House! What says DC better than this house. It is a sight to see in person. This gave us our first taste of what security would be like the rest of our 9 days. Guys with high power rifles and guns everywhere. See the two standing on top of the White House? They were outside the gates too. Colin was more interested in the police than the things we saw.

Colin and I both wanted to do a night time tour of DC to see everything when the sun goes down and I'm so glad we did. This city is beautiful at night. Here is the Capitol at dusk.


Washington Monument.


Lincoln's Memorial (one of my favorites).


Fast forward a couple days and here is Colin before he heads out to be with his People to People organization. This was a tough day for me. Take your 11 year old to a place far away from me in this huge city with all those guns. See there are men with guns for a reason and I didn't like that part. But, I put this in God's hands and sent him on his way. In the end, he had a fabulous time and met lots of new friends.

That's enough for now, gotta get the suitcase back out and pack up. But this time......Romeo comes with us. Gotta pack his suitcase too. :)

Happy 4th of July

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Love those pictures! And that one of Mr. Tiger....ha! Too cute!!! Can't wait to see you guys and all your photos with your fancy-smancy camera. Hurry up and get here!!! :)
    The Management wishes to have your acquaintance but the kitty cat respectfully declines. Well...just Romeo's presence. HAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete