Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Season of Giving

Each Christmas season my mind starts thinking of ways I can help others in need. It may be to buy some presents from the Salvation Army Tree, bake some cookies for a dear neighbor, reach out to an organization in need, make shoe boxes for Samaritan's purse.......I mean the needs are endless.

I just read about something very exciting on another woman's blog. Something as worthless to us Americans, may save the life of a person in Haiti. Please read this and maybe it's something you would like to do.


Our local Christian radio station, 91.7 WBGL, offers a wonderful way to help families in our community each Christmas. Families can be nominated that have a need and it could be anything from presents for their children, to car repairs, to an actual car, to groceries or assistance paying for their medication. When you read the stories about the families your heart hurts for all of them. Their needs are so little while mine seem entirely too frivolous. They need food to feed their family and I have body lotion on my list. Oh dear, what is wrong with this story?

It brought me to this scripture. I hope you read it and feel God speaking to you and asking "My dear child, where would you like to give?". I just found my family.


"Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

2 Corinthians 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment