Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A New Front Door

I need some advice.  I have been wanting to paint my front door for a couple years now.  It is an ugly door with an even uglier stained glass insert (it has purple in it....yuck!).  Not sure I can do anything with the glass, but I would like to paint the door regardless.  Below is my cute little Yellow house.  You cannot see my door because I kept it open while I ran outside to take this picture.  I've been looking at different colors and have some ideas below:


A blue door.


An orange color?

 

A red door.

 

And another red that I absolutely adore.  Everything thing about this picture I love. I would love to take my glass out and do something like that below, minus the house numbers (even though I don't have house numbers on my home).

What else?  Green?
I want a color that pops.  My yellow is a soft yellow as you can see.
Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... Red is a nice color for it. But if you want more then why not try mixed colors like red and white or even red and orange?

    Anthony Blommel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, if you have a yellow colored siding, you may want to choose color blue instead of red. I think that it'll look a whole lot better than a red front door. Don't you think so?


    Vernie Herr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should go with red. It would blend well with the soft yellow. However, there are some shades of red that won’t harmonize with yellow because both are warm colors. I found a picture of a yellow house that has a red door, and I must say that it looks beautiful. Here’s the link: http://mobigyellowhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/we-got-new-door-well-kinda.html. I wish you’ve already found a solution to your problem.

    Sharron Folkes

    ReplyDelete