Sunday, August 28, 2011

Busy, busy

It's been a very busy weekend around here.  Even Colin has worked extra hard.  I sort of did a Spring.....end of Summer cleaning.  Do you ever reach a point with your house that you just can't stand things anymore???  It's beyond just cleaning.  It is deeeeeeep cleaning  Well, that was me yesterday.

I started with a deep clean in the house. With 3 animals you have hair 24/7.  I vacuum all the time, multiple times a week but it still comes.  I mopped the floors and scrubbed, wiped every piece of dirt I could see.

Next thing I knew Dad was outside with his hedge trimmers and he was trimming my bushes.  (I have the best Dad)  Colin was already outside mowing our yard and the neighbors.  Once the inside was clean I went outside to help Dad.  Next......power washing the house.  It really, really needed it.  Dad left so Colin and I took over.  I scrubbed the house while Colin sprayed.  We got most of it done, need to finish today.  It felt so good to get out of bed this morning to a sparkly home.  I love a sparkly home.

Seems as though I am not the only busy bee around here.  While drinking my coffee and looking out my window I see many squirrels busy as a bee.  A SURE sign Winter is coming.  There are probably 6 of these little dudes running up and down the trees.  Luckily, many of them are carrying walnuts in their mouths that hopefully came from my backyard.  Take em' all guys, less for me to rake.  But you better be careful so you don't look like this.  :)

 

As I was cleaning my home (and getting irritated about all the animal fur) I think God placed something on my heart so I would end my pitty party.  I started thinking about the families in the path of Irene that were getting hit with the storm that very minute that I was cleaning.  I'm sure many of them lost their home to Irene's strong winds or furious flooding.  I still had my sweet home, no wind or water.....just a bunch of animal fuzz.  So I pulled up my big girl panties and kept vacuuming and prayed for everyone being affected by Irene and asked our Lord to please spare their homes. 

I hope all of you are having a good weekend....with no wind or water.  I'll throw in the animal fur for good measure.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment