Monday, September 5, 2011

Sweet 16

Oh it's been a fun weekend around here.  My oldest niece turns sweet 16 in a few days and what better way to celebrate than with a surprise birthday party?  My Sissy and family came home this weekend so we wanted to throw her a party with all of her old girlfriends from home.  We tracked down one of them and the list of girls grew from there.  It was so much fun planning it.  The party was at our home and all of the girls showed up at 5:00pm Saturday night.  My Sister got Shelby over with some kind of made up story and she walked in my craft room to find 11 of her girlfriends.  :)  Can you tell she is surprised?


The weather wasn't great, it was 98 degrees so the outside party didn't last long outside, but that was ok.  We did stay outside for a bit to get some pictures.  Colin loves his cousin Shelby.


We had LOTS of soda for the girls.  We decided to go with glass bottles because I found some cute straws for everyone to use.


Colin had the decorations planned since we decided to throw the party.  He was very specific, he wanted white lights with paper lanterns strung throughout the back-yard.  :)  Such the party man.  I must admit, it was super cute.



Later in the evening the cold front started blowing through so the temperatures dropped 20 degrees.  THEN it was back outside for the bomb-fire and music.  On the invite I told the girls to bring their iPods with music because I had a feeling they wouldn't like....appreciate....my music.  :)  Colin got the music going and then he danced with Shelby.  I think he was in hog heaven with a houseful of Sophomore girls at his house. In fact, he even DANCED for them!  Oh dear, I will have my work cut out for me, I can already see it.


Some of the girls....they were such a sweet bunch.


And the little miss with her cake.


Happy Birthday early Shelby!  Nanny and Colin love you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment