Colin discovered this recipe at a family event and has been asking for it ever since. We love Caramel Corn in our family, however it must be homemade. My Mom has spoiled us that way. She makes things homemade and then you can never eat the store bought stuff. But it's soooo worth it.
Since I've been home this week and able to pick Colin up from school, we try to do something fun after school. Today we get to drive to MI to see my Sissy! That will be fun (well not the drive but the destination will be). Yesterday we made the Puff Corn so we can take it with us. This would be a yummy Halloween Treat!
1 (8 ounce) bag puff corn
1 cup butter (do not substitute)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Place puff corn in a large roaster pan.
2. In 2 quart sauce pan bring the butter, sugar & corn syrup to bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the baking soda- this will cause the caramel mixture to foam up.
4. Stir well and remove from heat.
5. Pour over puff corn in roaster and bake in 250* oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, spread out onto wax paper to cool.