Sunday, November 13, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

For many years now Colin and I have packed shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse "Operation Christmas Child".  Colin loves to be a part of it and to shop for the boys and girls.  I try to buy some items throughout the year but it seems like the majority of it is done in the fall when school supplies come out and then right before we package the boxes up.  Last night, we picked up the final few items and decided we wanted to do 3 boxes for a 5-9 year old boy.  I still need to wrap my boxes and add a personal note and then I will take them to our church which serves as a gathering hub in our community.


I am doing something new this year and that is donating on-line at Samaritan's website and by doing so, it will enable you to track your shoebox.  Here is their website.


After making the $7.00/box donation on-line, it gives me a label to print and attach to the box.  I will receive an e-mail after my box is delivered telling me which country it was delivered to and more about Operation Christmas Child in that country.

Time is almost up to fill a shoebox for this year, but you can probably get it done and delivered this week.  I really encourage everyone to do this.  It is a wonderful way to deliver the gospel to children all over the world and to let them know they are loved.  You could forever change the life of one small child.


No comments:

Post a Comment