Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas on Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day to all of our blessed Veteran's.  I am so grateful to all of the Men and Women in our country that have served for my freedom.  I will never under estimate the sacrafices they have made for us and I will always keep them in my prayers.

Because today is Veteran's Day I have the day off from work.  Unfortanetly I had to go in for a 1/2 day, but it was still better than working a full day plus it was very quite because only 2 other people were working.  So it was a very productive day which makes me feel better.

After work I ran an few errands.  Stopped at Meijer to kill some time before a Dr. appointment.  It was fully decorated for Christmas which put me in more of the Christmas spirit than I am already.  It is also nice to just leasurely brouse without having a kid tell you he is ready to go.  :)  I saw a couple of cute things that I loved, but didn't buy.  I have adopted a love for magazines just like my Sissy.  I usually check out the new ones and try hard to not buy every single one.  There are a bunch of Christmas only magazines out and while flipping through one, I saw this little guy.  I snapped his picture on my iPod because I think I might be able to make him.  If I ever have some spare time, I just might try.  Isn't he cute?  He was in the new "Holiday" by Matthew Mead magazine and I just found his blog.......here.



Next I was off to the baking isle, cause' it is Christmas season and all.  I found these sweet fellars and thought they were the most adorable thing!  It was a Cocoa Trimming Kit that cost $5.00 and came with marshmellow snowmen and candy cane sticks.  Wouldn't that be cute to stick in some cocoa with your kids?  I thought so.


Instead of the cute snowmen or magazine, I went with these.......yum!  I love peppermint and dark chocolate.


The creativity juices are flowing with the holidays quickly approaching.  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and then some Ho, Ho, Ho!

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that? Tell Shann not to be hating on the snow. She's the one who's listening to Michael Buble' Christmas songs. It's all her fault that it's snowing! :)

    ReplyDelete