Monday, January 23, 2012

I actually made something I pinned on Pinterest

See, all of those hours I have wasted...spent on Pinterest has not gone for nothing!  I actually made a recipe I found on Pinterest and it was pretty yummy.  And the best thing, it only had 3 ingredients and you threw it in the crock pot and the result was yummy Chicken Tacos.





Now I must confess, I altered the recipe a bit.  The place I found it said to use a package of taco seasoning mix.  I did have a package of that, but grabbed a fajita seasoning mix first and decided to wing it.  I really loved how they turned out.  I also used Target's brand of "Traditional" salsa which is also my favorite.  I threw 3 frozen (rock hard) chicken breasts in the crockpot with my other 2 ingredients, added a dash of Cumin for good measure and turned it on.  Since I didn't start the cooking process until we were heading out the door for church, I cooked them on high for around 5 hours.  Once they are totally done I shredded the chicken in their yummy sauce, turned it on low until supper time. 

Colin was visiting his Dad so I took dinner to Mom and Dad's.  They both agreed it was a hit.  I love that it was so easy and actually yummy.  Now, I'm still on a mission for good homemade salsa.  I have tried making many, many recipes and have yet to find what I'm looking for.  If you have any recipes that you love, will you please send them my way?  Would love to hear from you!

Happy Monday

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my these look so yummy and easy. I am going to have to try this!! I have a black bean salsa recipe whiich is really fresh tasting, different than traditonal salsa.
    Black Bean Salsa
    1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup seeded and chopped fresh plum tomatoes
    1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
    1/2 cup chopphed fresh cilantro
    1/2 cup sliced green onions
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
    3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cumin

    In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, cilantro, green onions and jalapeno pepper. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and cumin. Stir until blended. Pour lime juice mixture over bean mixture and gently toss. Cover and chill for 2 hours to let flavors blend

    ReplyDelete