Sunday, February 26, 2012

Trying New Things

You know this thing called "Pinterest"?  This highly addictive website with tons of fun things to see and do?  Well I have decided if I'm going to waste spend my time browsing it, I must put it to work as often as possible. 

Since I love to cook and I need to see a picture of the end product, Pinterest is sooooo up my alley.  Even though I see a TON of lovely recipes, I try to only pin those I really think I will make.  Heaven knows I have a cabinet full of cookbooks with recipes I have never tried, so let's be realistic. 

I am not a big fan of sweets but I made THIS lemon cake today for my parents and some friends of theirs that are in town visiting.  I have not sampled a complete piece yet, but the crumb scraps and licking the bowl from the filling proved it will be yummy.  Lemon is so refreshing, hope the cake delivers.



A couple of weekends ago I also tried THIS.  I believe I've mentioned it before on my blog.  It was yummy and SO easy to make in the crock-pot. Great dinner to let cook all day and have ready for you when you get off work.  I will do it again for sure.


Last Saturday while Colin was spending the night with my parents I made dinner for myself.  THIS chicken was super yummy!  I broke out the grill for the first time this winter and it was so worth it.  I used chicken tenders so it didn't take long to grill them.  I would highly recommend cooking them on your grill outdoors because the honey from the basting lets off some terrible smoke.  Would not want that in my home or it will take awhile to air things out. 


Lots of more things to try.  So much to do, so little time!  Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment