Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cozy Drive-In

 Yesterday Colin and I decided to take a road-trip.  We headed to our capital city...Springfield.  Springfield isn't too far away for us and it's just a fun city to explore.  A girlfriend told me about this hot-dog joint on the old Route 66 so we had to check it out.


It's called Cozy Drive-In and it's been around since 1950.  I LOVE places like this.  It was full of history memorabilia and they had awesome drive-in food.  They are known for their corn-dogs....but you must refer to them by their official name "Cozy Dog". Per the guy behind the counter they are WAY better than a regular ole' corn-dog.  Colin agreed with him after one bite.  It was fun to watch them make the dogs because they hand dipped them and fried them up to order.  No pre-frozen dogs here!


I so wish I lived during the 50's.  I think that era just had a lot of fun things from what my parents tell me and from what I have learned on my own. I could envision poodle skirts, letterman sweaters, roller skates and cool cars at this place.


Cozy Drive-in bottles their own soda.  Colin got an Orange Soda.  Can you see the advertising on the tables?


Cute signs were all over the place.


The grub



After our bellies were full and I took lots of pictures we headed out for our next adventure.  We found an antique store so it was a must stop for me.  I spotted this adorable Brownie Bullet Camera for $6.00.  She came home with me.  She may look familiar it you notice I created a new header.  Since I have a love of photography I started buying a few vintage cameras.  She is my favorite so far.

Another fun weekend for us.  The weather has been AWESOME!  Our grass needs mowed, trees are full of blooms, tulips/daffodils have bloomed and the birds wake me up chirping every morning......gotta love Spring.  Hope you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment