Sunday, September 30, 2012

I love weekends

I had a great weekend.  It was full of happy memories, lots of love, and some fun new stuff for my bedroom.  The fun started Friday night when my Sissy and family came home from Michigan  They came home because we had a special wedding to attend this weekend.  The bride was the young lady that used to babysit Colin for most of his life.  She and her family are very dear to Colin and I so it was an extra special wedding to attend.  She was marrying her high school sweetheart.

Embedded image permalink

The wedding was so beautiful.  It was outdoors at their farm home and was so simple yet so unbelievably beautiful.

Embedded image permalink

Here is a picture of Colin with the brides two sisters.  Colin loves them just as much as the bride because all 3 have babysit him over the last 13 years and constantly love on him.  Can you see the joy and love in his face too?

After my Sissy left for home it was time to do some home chores.  A month or so ago Colin was asking me questions about our laundry mat.  I said to him "everyone deserves to do laundry one time in their life at the Ole' Laundry Mat".  I should have never said that.  Thursday night while doing laundry my washing machine appeared to be leaking water.  Not a good sign.  Since we were so busy this weekend Dad couldn't get over to look at my washer but I needed to do laundry so we went to our local laundry mat. (He has since looked at my machine and it is ok) The laundry mat was interesting.

Embedded image permalink

It's expensive to do laundry at this joint!! So happy this isn't an every week event.  Luckily I only had to wash my clothes, I could take them home to dry, so in the end we were only there about 40 minutes.  Colin got his laundry mat experience and hopes he never has to go back again.


Embedded image permalink

I did wish I could take these colorful chairs home with me.  :)

The other fun piece of this weekend was the installation of my new headboard. Colin and I are in the middle of remodeling our bedrooms.  More of that to come later.  My room is slowing coming together and I love it.  I found some inspiration on Pinterest and found THIS idea for a headboard and fell in love with the look.  So I decided to borrow her idea and do the same to my new bedroom.

A few weeks ago I found this cute 5 panel door at an Antique store for $20.00 and bought it.  I painted it, Dad added some trim so I could have a little shelf and today we hung it up.

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

I only have a double bed and knew it would be bigger than my bed, but I didn't want to cut the door down so it does hang over a bit, but I don't mind.  I love my sweet little bedroom.  Now it's time to get busy on Colin's!  He's got some fun things coming.

Hope you had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Your bedroom had a great transformation! I’d first seen your bedroom in your February post where you bought your new mattress. I can say it’s too formal, but now, it showed a lot more of your personality. :) You chose a lighter color on your wall, which makes the room brighter along with those matching colorful accessories. I'm sure you will do just as fine with your son's bedroom.
    {Jimmy Colwell}

    ReplyDelete